Saturday, January 30, 2010

mid-winter tag sales and faux "estate sales"

Well this is my test blog to see how blogspot works. I guess I am going to keep a random blog of my tag sale adventures for 2010. Right now it is seven degrees outside and there has not been a any sales around here in the last couple of months. Today there was the first sale we went to in a while, it was freezing cold so I am glad it was just down the street because it sucked. We got there 45 minutes early and there was already 8 or so people waiting and some crazy lady who had nothing to do with the sale handing out numbers while I know it is not uncommon for people to do that this lady is plain just crazy. The lady having the "estate sale" must have been huffing the same glue as she had a tag sale in 2 rooms of here house not a actual estate sale like she hyped up with her ad in the local paper. Her sale was just vastly over priced common furniture from the 1920's most of it marked at 200% to 300% its market value. So we had a quick laugh and we left. Oh well cant wait for Spring to arrive.

something id like to find lurking in a backyard












4 comments:

  1. Somehow one doesn't expect huffing and estate sales to go together. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sure, and I'd like to find an Eames lounger lurking in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a guy sell me his dead aunts Wassily Chair last year for $15 like new hardly sat in. He was cracking jokes to his son about the ugly chair and how he had found receipt from when she bought it new in 1953 for $160 and they had a good laugh about...so did I as I was loading it into my truck along with his aunts collection of mid century art. He was thrilled to be getting rid of the stuff and I was even more thrilled to be taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I DO have a '63 Corvette lurking in my back yard! It's my dad's, he's had it since 1968.

    ReplyDelete